Want to speak Spanish? Yes? Good – keep reading. This is for those that truly want to learn the language. Here’s how you introduce yourself in Spanish in 10 easy lines… and this might take you 2 to 3 minutes or less. With this lesson…
- You get the Spanish phrases and translations.
- Read out loud to practice your speaking.
- Feel free to print this sheet out for extra review.
Here’s how you introduce yourself in Spanish. Let’s go.
1) My name is _____.
This is simple. To say “my name is” in Spanish, you just need the word “Mi nombre es.” Then say your name. So, leave me a comment below and add your name. That will be your introduction!
- Mi nombre es _____.
- My name is _____.
2) Hello, It’s nice to meet you.
Hello and Nice to meet you in Spanish are a must-know phrases. And any introduction will probably will use these words.
- Hola, es un placer conocerte.
3) I am from ______.
So, where are you from? America? Europe? Africa? Asia? Just stick the name of your country inside this phrase. We’ll use Mexico as an example.
- Soy de México.
- I’m from Mexico.
4) I live in ______.
What about now – where do you live? Just fill in the blank with the country or city (if famous) into this phrase. I’ll use Mexico City as an example since I used Mexico in the phrase before.
- Yo vivo en la Ciudad de México.
- I live in Mexico City
5) I’ve been learning Spanish for _____.
How long have you been learning Spanish for? A month? A year?
- He estado aprendiendo español por un año.
- I’ve been learning Spanish for a year.
6) I’m learning Spanish at _____.
Where are you learning Spanish? At school? At home? This would be a great line to know and use when you’re introducing yourself. Here’s my example:
- Estoy aprendiendo español en SpanishPod101.com.
- I’m learning Spanish at SpanishPod101.com.
7) I am ____ years old.
Here’s how to say how old you are in Spanish. You’ll need to know Spanish numbers, which are not that hard, for this.
- Tengo 27 años de edad.
- I’m 27 years old.
8) I am ______.
What about your position? Are you a student? Yoga teacher? Lawyer for the potato industry? Potato salesman? Super important question that people like to ask (and judge you about – Hey, I’m just a blogger!). Just use “soy” meaning “I’m” and add your position.
- Soy maestro.
- I’m a teacher.
9) One of my hobbies is _____.
Now, let’s move onto personal interests – hobbies! My hobbies are languages, linguajunkieing and such. How about you? You’ll definitely need this line when introducing yourself in Spanish.
Here’s an example to use:
- Uno de mis pasatiempos es leer.
- One of my hobbies is reading.
10) I enjoy listening to music.
Now, this is just another example line about your hobbies. You can use something else where.
- Me gusta escuchar música.
- I enjoy listening to music.
So now you know how to introduce yourself in Spanish in 10 lines. I’m sure there’s a ton more you can say – but this is an easy, simple start that any beginner can put to use. It’s all about starting easy.
See if you can introduce yourself below. Leave me a comment.
I read all comments!
Hope you enjoyed this!
– The Main Junkie
P.S. I highly recommend this for Spanish learners. If you REALLY want to learn to Spanish with effective lessons by real teachers – Sign up for free at SpanishPod101 (click here) and start learning!