How would you say Merry Christmas in Russian?
Or any another Holiday phrase? You’ll need these phrases for the Holiday season if you’re a Russian learner. And don’t worry, you’re about to find out. It’ll take a few minutes.
✅ Hey, if you REALLY want to learn & speak Russian, I suggest RussianPod101. You get 1,000+ audio/video courses, lessons by Russian teachers and a whole learning system. Sign up at RussianPod101 (click here) and start learning! I recommend ’em as a teacher & learner.
In the spirit of the season, we’re going to cover the top 10 Russian Holiday Phrases! Yes, and that includes Christmas, the New Year, Kwanzaa AND Hanukkah. It’s not too hard either. These come with:
- English Pronunciation, Romanization and Russian versions
- Meanings and Translations
Bonus: Listen to this Audio Lesson Lesson for these 10 phrases below. Press the play button.
This lesson came from RussianPod101 (a Russian online learning program and website).
1. How to say – Merry Christmas – in Russian.
- Счастливого Рождества!
- English Pronunciation: Schastlivogo Rozhdestva!
Note, Schastlivogo is actually pronounced as Schastlivovo. Feel free to listen to the audio lesson above to hear the real Russian pronunciation as well!
2. Happy Kwanzaa!
- Счастливой Кванзы!
- English Pronunciation: Schastlivoy Kvanzy!
3. Warm Wishes
- тёплые пожелания!
- English Pronunciation: tyopliye pozhelaniya!
4. Happy New Year!
- С Новым Годом!
- English Pronunciation: S Novim Godom!
Note, this saying is used once the New Year has arrived. Before January 1st, you can say – С Наступающим Новым Годом – S Nastupayushim Novim Godom. This literally means “Happy Upcoming New Year.”
5. Happy Hanukkah!
- Счастливой Хануки!
- English Pronunciation: Schastlivoy Khanuki!
6. Have a great winter vacation!
- Have a great winter vacation!
- English Pronunciation: Весёлых зимних каникул!
7. See you next year!
- Увидимся в новом году!
- English Pronunciation: Uvidimsya v novom godu!
8. Happy holidays!
- Весёлых праздников!
- English Pronunciation: Vesolykh prazdnikov!
9. Enjoy the holidays!
- Enjoy the holidays!
- English Pronunciation: Наслаждайтесь праздниками!
10. Best wishes for the new year!
- Всего самого лучшего в Новом году!
- English Pronunciation: Vsego samogo luchshego v Novom godu!
Note: This list comes from RussianPod01 – where you can learn Russian language online with lessons and apps. Be sure to share phrases these when the time comes!
Learning holiday greetings in Russian is pretty important and these simple phrases are a quick way to know more Russian.
Tip: Do Russians celebrate all some of these Holidays? No, but as a learner you should be able to talk about your own Holidays as well.
- Learn Top 10 Russian Holiday Greetings: Phrases & Audio
- How to Say Happy New Year in Russian (Russian Audio Inside)
What do you think? Did I miss any phrases?
– The Main Junkie
P.S. I highly recommend this for Russian learners. If you REALLY want to learn to Russian with effective lessons by real teachers – Sign up for free at RussianPod101 (click here) and start learning!