Ah, love. Want to express love in Korean? Good. You’re going to learn the Top 15 Korean love phrases in 3 minutes or less. You’ll get the…
- Korean Hangul (writing) for these phrases
- English pronunciation so you can say it
- Picture (please share it :) )
- Audio Pronunciation (look for it at the bottom)
These phrases are polite. Why? Because, when you’re confessing feelings – politeness shows just how genuine your feelings are. So, here, you’ll learn the Top 15 Korean Love Phrases from KoreanClass101.com. They’re perfect for Valentine’s Day. Scroll down below for a free Audio lesson for these phrases.
Also, if you want to learn & speak “more” Korean…
…or a lot of Korean, you should get a learning program. I suggest KoreanCass101. They have 1,000s of Audio & Video lessons, study tools, apps and PDF ebooks. – Click here to Sign up at KoreanClass101 (click here). I recommend them as a teacher and a learner.
1. How to say “I Love You” in Korean
- Korean: 사랑합니다.
- Pronunciation: Saranghamnida.
You’ve probably heard of 사랑해요 (Saranghaeyo) – the casual way of saying “I love you. Above is the formal way. It’ll make you sound more of a gentleman and less of a Korean learning teenager that watched too much K-drama.
Do you want to hear the pronunciation of this phrase? And all of the other phrases in this article? Then listen to THIS free Audio Lesson from KoreanClass101 – a Korean learning site.
Since you’re learning Korean, you should hear the native sounds. This is where the lesson comes in.
2. “You mean so much to me” in Korean
- 당신은 나에게 무척 소중해요.
- Dangsineun naege mucheok sojungheyo.
Good phrase to use and most learners don’t learn it. They just want to know “I love you,” “I like you” and “I miss you.” You’re learning more natural ways to express yourself!
3. Will you be my Valentine?
- 나랑 사귈래?
- Narang saguillae?
Well, you’ve got to ask if you want an answer, right? Truth is, Valentine’s Day in Korea is when GIRLS ask GUYS out, or rather, give them chocolates first. But, if you’re in America or Canada and want to do it your way, this is equally useful.
4. “Happy Valentine’s Day” in Korean
- 해피 발렌타인
- Haepi ballentain
When the day comes, you’ll want to say it to your love… and give them a gift. You better like them. Because just telling someone “Happy Valentine’s Day” without any gift or sign of love is messed up and pointless.
5. “You’re so beautiful” in Korean
- 정말 아름다우세요.
- Jeongmal areumdauseyo.
I mean, what girl doesn’t like to hear this phrase? If you CARE about learning Korean, oh my god, you need to learn this phrase. Consider printing out this entire page for future reference.
6. “I think of you as more than a friend.”
- 나는 너를 친구 이상으로 생각해.
- Naneun neoreul chingu isangeuro saenggakae.
Another phrase a textbook will ever teach you. It’s not common. Most learners don’t know it. But it will make your Korean sound REAL. Are they more than a friend to you? Ooh, you should tell them that.
7. “A hundred hearts would be too few to carry all my love for you.”
- 백 개의 심장도 너를 향한 내 모든 사랑을 담기에는 너무 모자랄거야.
- Baek gaeui simjangdo neoreul hyanghan nae modeun sarangeul damgieneun neomu mojaralgeoya.
My, this article is getting steamier and steamier. I’m starting to sweat. What a phrase. Again, typical learners don’t get to learn these. This is more of natural, and very passionate, Korean language.
8. “Love is just love. It can never be explained.”
- 사랑은 그저 사랑이다. 절대 설명 될 수 없다.
- Sarangeun geujeo sarangida. Jeoldae seolmyeong doel su eopda.
Just in case they ask you why you love them. They’re feeling shy. They’re wondering why you chose them. Or they’re wondering why they have feelings for you! Who knows! Love is just love.
9. “You’re so handsome.” in Korean”
- 정말 잘생기셨어요.
- Jeongmal jalsaenggisyeoseoyo.
We covered “beautiful” so let’s cover the male version. If you want to tell your boyfriend or soon to be boyfriend how handsome he is in Korean, use this.
10. “I’ve got a crush on you” in Korean
- 나는 너에게 반했어.
- Naneun neoege banhaeseo.
Okay, maybe you’re not in love. But you like them. People have crushes all the time. Millions of them. This phrase is perfect because you’ve definitely wanted to say this before. And will want to say it again.
11. You make me want to be a better man.
- 당신 덕분에 난 더 좋은 사람이 되고 싶어졌어요.
- Dangsin deokbune nan deo joeun sarami doego sipeojyeoseoyo.
This is for the guys that want to tell how great their girl is. How much they want to change for her. To stop drinking. Stop smoking. Stop farting. Just kidding. But honestly, a good phrase if you care that much.
12. “You are my sunshine, my love.”
- 내 사랑 당신은 내 행복의 근원이에요.
- Nae sarang dangsineun nae haengbogui geunwonieyo.
Some people are just sunshines. They walk into the room and brighten your day. Use this phrase. It’s a lot more expressive and definitely makes you sound like a better speaker. Very creative.
13. “Words can’t describe my love for you.”
- 말은 당신을 위한 내 사랑을 설명 할 수 없습니다.
- Mareun dangsineul wihan nae sarangeul seolmyeong hal su eopseumnida.
Now, we’re getting poetic. No more basic Korean phrases. You’re learning some real creative, artistic love messages. You’re going to be a passionate lover in Korean by the time you’re done with this.
14. “We were meant to be together.”
- 우리는 천생연분이야.
- Urineun cheonsaengyeonbuniya.
Just use this phrase when you’re in a relationship. Otherwise, it’ll be creepy.
15. If you were thinking about someone while reading this, you’re definitely in love.
- 만약 이 글을 읽는 동안 누군가에 대해 생각하고 있었다면, 당신은 분명 사랑에 빠졌습니다.
- Mannyak i geureul ingneun dongan nugungae daehae saenggakago iseotdamyeon, dangsineun bunmyeong sarange ppajyeotseumnida.
Very fun phrase. Were you thinking of anyone while you were reading this? Leave a comment below. I bet you were thinking, “this LinguaJunkie person is so handsome and has great articles,” then you’re definitely in love.
I expect a love confession in the comments below.
Use one of the phrases above.
Let me know what you think! Any phrases missed?
Leave a comment down below!
– The Main Junkie
P.S. I highly recommend this for Korean learners. If you REALLY want to learn Korean with effective lessons by real teachers – Sign up for free at KoreanClass101 (click here) and start learning!