Want to speak French? Yes? Good – keep reading. This is for those that truly want to learn the language. Here’s how you introduce yourself in French in 10 easy lines… and this might take you 2 to 3 minutes or less. With this lesson…
- You get the French and the translations.
- Read out loud to practice your speaking.
- Feel free to print this sheet out for extra review.
- You can easily fill in your own answers
Here’s how you introduce yourself in French. Let’s go.
… if you want to REALLY learn French with Audio & Video lessons from real teachers, be sure to check out FrenchPod101.com and click here)
1) Hello, It’s nice to meet you.
Hello and Nice to meet you in French are a must-know phrases. And any introduction will probably will start with these words.
- Hello, it’s nice to meet you.
- Bonjour, enchanté(e) de faire votre connaissance.
2) My name is _____.
This is simple. To say “my name is” in French, you just need the phrase “Je m’appelle.” Then say your name. For example, if the name is Linguajunkie, it would be like this…
- My name is ______.
- Je m’appelle ______.
- Je m’appelle Linguajunkie.
3) I am from ______.
So, where are you from? America? Europe? Africa? Asia? Just stick the name of your country inside this phrase. We’ll use France as an example.
- Je viens de France.
- I’m from France.
4) I live in ______.
What about now – where do you live? Just fill in the blank with the country or city (if famous) into this phrase. I’ll use Paris as an example.
- J’habite à Paris.
- I live in Paris.
5) I’ve been learning French for _____.
How long have you been learning French for? A month? A year?
- J’apprends le français depuis un an.
- I’ve been learning French for a year.
6) I’m learning French at _____.
Where are you learning French? At school? At home? This would be a great line to know and use when you’re introducing yourself. Here’s my example:
- J’apprends le français sur FrenchPod101.com.
- I’m learning French at FrenchPod101.com.
7) I am ____ years old.
Here’s how to say how old you are in French. Just add the number in
- J’ai ans.
- J’ai 27 ans.
- I’m 27 years old.
8) I am ______.
What about your position? Are you a student? Yoga teacher? Lawyer for the potato industry? Potato salesman? Super important question that people like to ask (and judge you about – Hey, I’m just a blogger!). Just use “ani” meaning “I” and add your position.
- Je suis enseignant(e).
- I’m a teacher.
9) One of my hobbies is _____.
Now, let’s move onto personal interests – hobbies! My hobbies are languages, linguajunkieing and such. How about you? You’ll definitely need this line when introducing yourself in French.
Here’s an example to use:
- Un de mes passe-temps est la lecture.
- One of my hobbies is reading.
10) I enjoy listening to music.
Now, this is just another example line about your hobbies. You can use something else where.
- J’aime écouter de la musique.
- I enjoy listening to music.
So now you know how to introduce yourself in French in 10 lines. I’m sure there’s a ton more you can say – but this is an easy, simple start that any beginner can put to use. It’s all about starting easy.
See if you can introduce yourself below. Leave me a comment.
I read all comments!
Hope you enjoyed this!
– The Main Junkie
P.S. I highly recommend this for French learners. If you REALLY want to learn French with effective lessons by real teachers – Sign up for free at FrenchPod101 (click here) and start learning!