Want to speak Swedish? Yes? Good – keep reading. This is for those that truly want to learn the language. Here’s how you introduce yourself in Swedish in 10 easy lines… and this might take you 2 to 3 minutes or less. With this lesson…
- You get the Swedish phrases & English translations.
- Read out loud to practice your speaking.
- Feel free to print this sheet out for extra review.
- You’ll know how to write & say your introduction.
(BUT… if you want to REALLY learn Swedish with Audio & Video lessons from real teachers, be sure to check out SwedishPod101.com and click here)
Here’s how you introduce yourself in Swedish. Let’s go.
1) Hello, It’s nice to meet you.
Hello and Nice to meet you in Swedish are a must-know phrases. And any introduction will probably will start with these words.
- Hello, it’s nice to meet you.
- Hej, trevligt att träffas.
2) My name is _____.
This is simple. To say “my name is” in Swedish, you just need the phrase “Mitt namn är.” Then say your name. For example, if the name is Carl… it would be like this…
- My name is Carl.
- Mitt namn är Carl.
Or just fill in yours:
- My name is ____.
- Mitt namn är ____.
3) I am from ______.
So, where are you from? America? Europe? Africa? Asia? Just stick the name of your country inside this phrase. We’ll use Sweden as an example.
- I’m from Sweden.
- Jag är från Sverige.
4) I live in ______.
What about now – where do you live? Just fill in the blank with the country or city (if famous) into this phrase. I’ll use Stockholm as an example.
- I live in Stockholm.
- Jag bor i Stockholm.
5) I’ve been learning Swedish for _____.
How long have you been learning Swedish for? A month? A year?
- I’ve been learning Swedish for a year.
- Jag har fått lära mig svenska i ett år.
6) I’m learning Swedish at _____.
Where are you learning Swedish? At school? At home? This would be a great line to know and use when you’re introducing yourself. Here’s my example:
- I’m learning Swedish at SwedishPod101.com.
- Jag lär mig svenska på SwedishPod101.com.
7) I am ____ years old.
Here’s how to say how old you are in Swedish. .
- I’m 27 years old.
- Jag är 27 år gammal.
Just stick your own age in there.
8) I am ______.
What about your position? Are you a student? Yoga teacher? Lawyer for the potato industry? Potato salesman? Super important question that people like to ask (and judge you about – Hey, I’m just a blogger!).
- I’m a teacher.
- Jag är en lärare.
9) One of my hobbies is _____.
Now, let’s move onto personal interests – hobbies! My hobbies are languages, linguajunkieing and such. How about you? You’ll definitely need this line when introducing yourself in Swedish.
Here’s an example to use:
- One of my hobbies is reading.
- En av mina hobbies är att läsa.
10) I enjoy listening to music.
Now, this is just another example line about your hobbies. You can use something else where.
- I enjoy listening to music.
- Jag gillar att lyssna på musik.
So now you know how to introduce yourself in Swedish in 10 lines. I’m sure there’s a ton more you can say – but this is an easy, simple start that any beginner can put to use. It’s all about starting easy.
See if you can introduce yourself below. Leave me a comment.
I read all comments!
Hope you enjoyed this!
– The Main Junkie
P.S. I highly recommend this for Swedish learners. If you REALLY want to learn to Swedish with effective lessons by real teachers – Sign up for free at SwedishPod101 (click here) and start learning!