Want to speak Persian? Yes? Good – keep reading. This is for those that truly want to learn the language. Here’s how you introduce yourself in Persian in 10 easy lines… and this might take you 2 to 3 minutes or less. With this lesson…
- You get the Persian phrases and English translations.
- Read out loud to practice your speaking.
- Feel free to print this sheet out for extra review.
Here’s how you introduce yourself in Persian. Let’s go.
…if you REALLY want to learn Persian with effective audio & video lessons by real teachers – Sign up at PersianPod101 (click here) and start learning! I recommend it.
1) Hello, It’s nice to meet you.
Hello and Nice to meet you in Persian are a must-know phrases. And any introduction will probably will start with these words.
- Hello, it’s nice to meet you.
- Salaam, (az molaaghaat baa shomaa) khoshvaghtam.
2) My name is _____.
This is simple. To say “my name is” in Persian, you just follow this formula “Esm-e man ____ ast.” Then stick in your name your name. For example, if the name is Maryam, it would be like this…
- My name is Maryam.
- Esm-e man maryam ast.
For yourself, just add your name below.
- My name is ______.
- Esm-e man ______ ast.
3) I am from ______.
So, where are you from? America? Europe? Africa? Asia? Just stick the name of your country inside this phrase. We’ll use Iran as an example.
- I’m from Iran.
- Man irani hastam.
4) I live in ______.
What about now – where do you live? Just fill in the blank with the country or city (if famous) into this phrase. I’ll use Teheran as an example.
- I live in Teheran.
- Man dar tehraan zendegi mikonam.
5) I’ve been learning Persian for _____.
How long have you been learning Persian for? A month? A year?
- I’ve been learning Persian for a year.
- Man yek saal ast ke daram zabaan-e farsi yad migiram.
6) I’m learning Persian at _____.
Where are you learning Persian? At school? At home? This would be a great line to know and use when you’re introducing yourself. Here’s my example:
- I’m learning Persian at PersianPod101.com.
- Man daram zabaan-e farsi raa dar perzhen paad vaan o vaan yaad migiram.
7) I am ____ years old.
Here’s how to say how old you are in Persian.
- I’m 27 years old.
- Man bist-o-haft sal sen daram.
8) I am ______.
What about your position? Are you a student? Yoga teacher? Lawyer for the potato industry? Potato salesman? Super important question that people like to ask (and judge you about – Hey, I’m just a blogger!).n.
- I’m a teacher.
- Man moallem hastam.
9) One of my hobbies is _____.
Now, let’s move onto personal interests – hobbies! My hobbies are languages, linguajunkieing and such. How about you? You’ll definitely need this line when introducing yourself in Persian.
Here’s an example to use:
- One of my hobbies is reading.
- Yeki az sargarmi-haaye man ketaab khaandan ast.
10) I enjoy listening to music.
Now, this is just another example line about your hobbies. You can use something else where.
- I enjoy listening to music.
- Az goosh daadan be mmoosighi lezzat mibaram.
So now you know how to introduce yourself in Persian in 10 lines. I’m sure there’s a ton more you can say – but this is an easy, simple start that any beginner can put to use. It’s all about starting easy.
See if you can introduce yourself below. Leave me a comment.
I read all comments!
Hope you enjoyed this!
– The Main Junkie
P.S. I highly recommend this for Persian learners. If you REALLY want to learn to Persian with effective lessons by real teachers – Sign up for free at PersianPod101 (click here) and start learning!