Want to speak Norwegian? Yes? Good – keep reading. This is for those that truly want to learn the language. Here’s how you introduce yourself in Norwegian in 10 easy lines... and this might take you 2 to 3 minutes or less. With this lesson…
- You get the Norwegian phrases and English translations.
- Read out loud to practice your speaking.
- Feel free to print this sheet out for extra review.
Here’s how you introduce yourself in Norwegian. Let’s go.
And if you REALLY want to learn to Norwegian with effective audio & video lessons by real teachers – Sign up at NorwegianClass101(click here) and start learning!
1) Hello, It’s nice to meet you.
Hello and Nice to meet you in Norwegian are a must-know phrases. And any introduction will probably will start with these words.
- Hello, it’s nice to meet you.
- Hei, det er hyggelig å møte deg.
2) My name is _____.
This is simple. To say “my name is” in Norwegian, you just need the phrase “Mitt navn er.” Then say your name.
- My name is ____.
- Mitt navn er ____.
3) I am from ______.
So, where are you from? America? Europe? Africa? Asia? Just stick the name of your country inside this phrase. We’ll use Norway as an example.
- I’m from Norway.
- Jeg er fra Norge.
4) I live in ______.
What about now – where do you live? Just fill in the blank with the country or city (if famous) into this phrase. I’ll use Oslo as an example.
- I live in Oslo.
- Jeg bor i Oslo.
5) I’ve been learning Norwegian for _____.
How long have you been learning Norwegian for? A month? A year?
- I’ve been learning Norwegian for a year.
- Jeg har lært norsk i ett år.
6) I’m learning Norwegian at _____.
Where are you learning Norwegian? At school? At home? This would be a great line to know and use when you’re introducing yourself. Here’s my example:
- I’m learning Norwegian at NorwegianClass101.com.
- Jeg lærer norsk på NorwegianClass101.com.
7) I am ____ years old.
Here’s how to say how old you are in Norwegian.
- I’m 27 years old.
- Jeg er 27 år gammel.
8) I am ______.
What about your position? Are you a student? Yoga teacher? Lawyer for the potato industry? Potato salesman? Super important question that people like to ask (and judge you about – Hey, I’m just a blogger!).
- I’m a teacher.
- Jeg er en lærer.
9) One of my hobbies is _____.
Now, let’s move onto personal interests – hobbies! My hobbies are languages, linguajunkieing and such. How about you? You’ll definitely need this line when introducing yourself in Norwegian.
Here’s an example to use:
- One of my hobbies is reading.
- En av mine hobbyer er å lese.
10) I enjoy listening to music.
Now, this is just another example line about your hobbies. You can use something else where.
- I enjoy listening to music.
- Jeg liker å lytte til musikk.
So now you know how to introduce yourself in Norwegian in 10 lines. I’m sure there’s a ton more you can say – but this is an easy, simple start that any beginner can put to use. It’s all about starting easy.
See if you can introduce yourself below. Leave me a comment.
I read all comments!
Hope you enjoyed this!
– The Main Junkie
P.S. I highly recommend this for Norwegian learners. If you REALLY want to learn to Norwegian with effective lessons by real teachers – Sign up for free at NorwegianClass101 (click here) and start learning!