Are you looking for the best Korean learning Apps? If you can study with your mobile device, then this is for you.
✅ Hey, if you REALLY want to learn & speak Korean with 1,000+ audio/video courses, lessons by Korean teachers – Sign up at KoreanClass101 (click here) and start learning! I recommend ’em as a teacher & learner.
Here are the 10 Best Korean Learning Apps for the iPhone, iPad & Android in no particular order. If you enjoy this, then…
- Pass along and share with the Korean learning world.
- Download the apps to learn.
- Leave me a comment and tell me which you like.
- If you’re an app dev… please don’t self promote.
1) Innovative Language 101 – Free Korean Audio & Video lessons from KoreanClass101. They release 2-3 new lessons every week. These are NOT silly blog tutorials (like mine) but ACTUAL 3-15 minute, high quality audio and video lessons covering ALL topics. All new lessons are free (check the newest lessons section) so you can sit back, download and learn to speak Korean.
The most complete learning App I’ve found so far. Would be nice if they had flashcards too. But, I’m being picky.
- iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/US/app/id668386019?mt=8
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.innovativelanguage.innovativelanguage101
2) WordPower – Learn 1 new word every day. What makes this App good? It’s simple. It has the Korean word of the day. You get an alert for a new word daily – good for motivation, staying on track. It takes a second to learn a new word. You can also learn the top 100 or 200 words but I like this daily word BEST. 1 effective feature. No baggage.
- iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/learn-korean-free-wordpower/id295249579?mt=8
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.innovativelanguage.wordpowerlite.korean&hl=en
3) Daily Dose of Language App – 1 Korean mini-lesson a day. You get a mini-lesson every day. Either slang, a phrase, some cultural tip or grammar. Every day is different but that’s why it’s nice. Keeps you on your toes, sends you daily reminders and keeps your attention in today’s busy world. Definitely a favorite and one of the best Korean learning apps.
But, it’s not a “serious” tool if you’re looking for something complete.
- iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/app/daily-dose-of-language/id1057223131?&mt=8
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.innovativelanguage.dailydose&hl=en
4) HelloTalk – Get Korean penpals & chat with them. This is a messenger App from the language exchange angle. Highly recommended if you’re not shy. Simply put, you can find Korean speakers and even see speakers in your location.
- iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hellotalk-language-exchange/id557130558?mt=8
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hellotalk&hl=en
5) Chat to Learn Korean – Eggbun. Basically, this is a guided “conversation” learning App. Based on the context, situations and real life scenarious, provided in the App, you chat with “Lanny,” your Korean teacher that explains everything and builds you up. Very interactive and will definitely improve your reading!
- iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chat-to-learn-korean-eggbun/id1082966024?mt=8
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kr.eggbun.eggconvo&hl=en
6) Hangeul 101 – Learn Korean Alphabet. If you want to learn the Korean alphabet, this is the A to Z, complete app for mastering Hangul. Simple. To the point. Gets the job done. That’s why I like it.
- iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hangeul-101-learn-korean-alphabet/id512321556?mt=8
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ubiktech.hanguel101&hl=en
7) Memrise – Choose Korean and you’ll find plenty of vocab, alphabet, phrase courses and quizzes. It also reminds you to keep learning. Highly recommended for vocab.
- iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/memrise-ultimate-memorisation/id635966718?mt=8
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.memrise.android.memrisecompanion&hl=en
8) Korean English Dictionary & Offline Translator. This is hands down, the best Korean dictionary app. Includes 500,000+ words and phrases, pronunciation and more. If you’re learning Korean, you must have this app.
- iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/korean-english-dictionary/id424389010?mt=8
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.grandsons.dictboxko&hl=en
9) Anki – AnkiDroid Flashcards – All language lovers love this famous SRS flashcard system. Spaced Repetition means that the System (1) teaches you words and (2) quizzes you on them before you forget and (3) over a spaced period of time…until you remember forever. So, you see it a lot in the first week, twice in the second week, once in the fourth week and so on. I added it here because it’s free but paid ($25) for iOS. Amazing app and a must have for drilling and mastering TONS of Korean words and phrases.
10) Korean by Nemo – Free Language Learning App. This App has one strength – learning new vocabulary and phrases at a slow easy way. You can make flashcards as well. However, once you’re done learning all the words – that’s it. Doesn’t teach grammar or anything else. But that’s why I like it… it’s focused on one thing: learning words.
- iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/korean-by-nemo-free-language/id487077174?mt=8
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nemoapps.android.korean
So, what do you think?
Did I miss any best Korean learning Apps?
Be sure to leave me a comment and a link.
Yes, this list is barely scratching the surface. There are definitely more. Let’s make it a top 20 or top 30 list. If you have a favorite, leave a comment. But please, I’m asking learners and NOT developers that want to promote unproven apps.
Hope you enjoy this!
– Written by the Main Junkie
P.S. I highly recommend this for Korean learners. If you REALLY want to learn to Korean with 1,000s of easy Audio/Video courses & lessons by Korean teachers – Sign up for free at KoreanClass101 (click here) and start learning!