Want to speak Bulgarian? Yes? Good – keep reading. This is for those that truly want to learn the language. Here’s how you introduce yourself in Bulgarian in 10 easy lines… and this might take you 2 to 3 minutes or less. With this lesson…
- You get the Bulgarian phrases, translations and romanizations.
- Read out loud to practice your speaking.
- Feel free to print this sheet out for extra review.
Here’s how you introduce yourself in Bulgarian. Let’s go.
1) Hello, It’s nice to meet you. Здравейте, приятно ми е да се запознаем.
Hello and Nice to meet you in Bulgarian are a must-know phrases.
And any introduction will probably will start with these words.
- Hello, it’s nice to meet you.
- Здравейте, приятно ми е да се запознаем.
- Zdraveyte, priyatno mi e da se zapoznaem.
By the way…
You should also listen and hear real bBulgarian. Press play below. Try this Free Lesson from BulgarianPod101.com (click here to visit) for the complete explanation about introducing yourself!
Okay, what’s next?
2) My name is _____. Казвам се ____.
This is simple. To say “my name is” in Bulgarian, you just need the phrase “Kazvam se” Then say your name. It would be like this…
- My name is ____.
- Казвам се ____.
- Kazvam se ____.
3) I am from ______. Aз съм от ____.
So, where are you from? America? Europe? Africa? Asia? Just stick the name of your country inside this phrase. We’ll use Bulgaria as an example.
- I’m from Bulgaria.
- Aз съм от България.
- Az sam ot Balgariya.
4) I live in ______. Аз живея в ___.
What about now – where do you live? Just fill in the blank with the country or city (if famous) into this phrase. I’ll use Sofia as an example.
- I live in Sofia.
- Аз живея в София.
- Az zhiveya v Sofiya.
5) I’ve been learning Bulgarian for _____. Аз изучавах български език в продължение на ___.
How long have you been learning Bulgarian for? A month? A year?
- I’ve been learning Bulgarian for a year.
- Аз изучавах български език в продължение на една година.
- Az izuchavah balgarski ezik v prodalzhenie na edna godina.
6) I’m learning Bulgarian at _____. Аз уча български език с ____.
Where are you learning Bulgarian? At school? At home? This would be a great line to know and use when you’re introducing yourself. Here’s my example:
- I’m learning Bulgarian at BulgarianPod101.com.
- Аз уча български език с BulgarianPod101.com.
- Az ucha balgarski ezik s BulgarianPod101.com.
7) I am ____ years old. Аз съм на __ години.
Here’s how to say how old you are in Bulgarian.
- I’m 27 years old.
- Аз съм на 27 години.
- Az sam na 27 godini.
8) I am ______. Аз съм ____.
What about your position? Are you a student? Yoga teacher? Lawyer for the potato industry? Potato salesman? Super important question that people like to ask (and judge you about – Hey, I’m just a blogger!).
- I’m a teacher.
- Аз съм учител.
- Az sam uchitel.
9) One of my hobbies is _____. Един от моите любими занимание е да ___.
Now, let’s move onto personal interests – hobbies! My hobbies are languages, linguajunkieing and such. How about you? You’ll definitely need this line when introducing yourself in Bulgarian.
Here’s an example to use:
- One of my hobbies is reading.
- Един от моите любими занимание е да чета.
- Edin ot moite lyubimi zanimanie e da cheta.
10) I enjoy listening to music. Обичам да слушам музика.
Now, this is just another example line about your hobbies. You can use something else where.
- I enjoy listening to music.
- Обичам да слушам музика.
- Obicham da slusham muzika.
You can also listen to this extra 3-minute long audio lesson.
- 3-Minute Bulgarian – Self Introduction
- By BulgarianPod101.com (click here to visit for more fun lessons.)
So now you know how to introduce yourself in Bulgarian in 10 lines.
I’m sure there’s a ton more you can say – but this is an easy, simple start that any beginner can put to use. It’s all about starting easy.
See if you can introduce yourself below. Leave me a comment.
I read all comments!
Hope you enjoyed this!
– The Main Junkie