So, how can you learn Norwegian with NorwegianClass101?
A) You Learn with Audio & Video Lessons
The audio and video lessons are the core of NorwegianClass101.
You press play, you listen to an audio lesson or watch a video lesson. The teachers give you a conversation, and then they translate it and break it down. Then, you hear the conversation once more at the end.
Lessons cover practical dialogues like greetings, shopping, small talk, asking about weather, family, travel and much more.
So, in those 3-15 minutes…
- You learn a simple conversation
- You learn all kinds of vocabulary
- You pick on a grammar rule or two
- And you can start speaking (if you repeat what you hear)
If you want to check it out for yourself, here’s a completely free and unlocked lesson. No registration needed.
B) You Can Read Along with the Transcript or Lesson Notes.
Listening to audio (or watching videos) is one thing.
It’s another thing to follow along with the text. When you follow along with text, you can pick up on every word that’s said. So, there are lesson notes and transcripts with every lesson.
- PDF Lesson Notes: Gives you the conversation and translations, grammar explanations and lesson vocabulary.
- Transcript: The complete transcript of what the teachers say in the lesson.
C) For Audio Lessons, You get the Conversation Broken Down Line-by-Line.
So you can review each line of the conversation.
- Listen to the audio of each line
- Get the translation for each line
- Practice saying each line and compare it against native speakers with the voice recording option
- You can also download the Dialogue track, which is just the conversation with no English to review
D) You Review the Lesson’s Words with the Vocabulary Section.
- Listen to the Audio
- Listen to the slowed-down version
- Practice saying each word with the voice recording option
- Review words with the Slideshow
- Review with the Quiz
- Send the words to the 1) Word Bank or 2) Flashcards for further study
E) Then, NorwegianClass Feeds You The Next Lesson to Take.
- The dashboard tracks your progress
- Serves up your next lesson.
That’s how NorwegianClass101 works.
F) There are also Study Tools & Extra Features.
- Lesson Library: This is where you’ll find their 100s of lessons and learning paths to take
- 2000 Core Word List (2000 most common Norwegian Words)
- Flashcards to help you learn words
- Word Bank to save words and create study sheets
- Voice Recorder to record yourself and compare with native speakers
- Premium PLUS My Teacher – this gives you an on-site teacher via their Premium PLUS messenger
- The Word of the Day Emails (free complementary service): You just get a new word every day.
NorwegianClass101 Review updated December 2019.