Will you marry me in Korean? You’re about to learn 13 ways to say thi. This is a great lesson if you want to get married one day… or just ask every person you meet!
So, stop everything. Set 3 minutes and…
- Read and review this lesson
- Print it out as physical review material (I like printing stuff)
- Listen to the free audio lesson to practice your listening, and speaking (if you repeat out loud) and remember these better.
Also… if you want to learn & speak Korean with a complete learning program + 1,000s of Audio & Video lessons by teachers – Sign up at KoreanClass101 (click here to visit and look) and start learning! I recommend them as a teacher and a learner. Cool? Cool.
13 Ways to Say Marry Me in Korean
First, here’s the audio lesson. All thanks to KoreanClass101. Here, you’ll hear the phrases presented below with their English meanings. That’s it. Simple. Press the play button on the player below, and then read on.
1. Will you marry me?
- 나와 결혼해 줄래요?
- Nawa gyeolhonhae jullaeyo?
This is the first and most important phrase to know. The direct way to ask/say marry me in Korean. Let’s break it down. “Gyeolhonhae” means get married. “Nawa” is me/with me. Then, jullaeyo means “would you.”
2. Let’s spend the rest of our lives together.
- 우리 남은 삶을 함께 보내요.
- Uri nameun salmeul hamkke bonaeyo.
As you can see, this is not a literal way to say marry me in Korean. But, it’s a good variation to know. Remember, the more ways you can express yourself, the better your Korean gets.
3. I want to grow old with you.
- 당신과 함께 늙고 싶어요.
- Dangsingwa hamkke neulkko sipeoyo.
4. I can’t imagine my life without you in it.
- 당신 없는 내 삶을 상상할 수 없어요.
- Dangsin eomneun nae salmeul sangsanghal su eopsseoyo.
5. Having you by my side is what completes me.
- 당신이 내 옆에 있으므로 내가 완성됩니다.
- Dangsini nae yeope isseumeuro naega wanseongdoemnida.
6. Before I met you, I never realized how empty my life was.
- 당신을 만나기 전에는 내 삶이 얼마나 공허한지 몰랐어요.
- Dangsineul mannagi jeoneneun nae salmi eolmana gongheohanji mollasseoyo.
7. I now know that you and I are truly meant to be together.
- 당신과 나는 정말 함께할 운명이라는 걸 이제 알아요.
- Dangsingwa naneun jeongmal hamkkehal unmyeongiraneun geol ije arayo.
8. I wish I could give you everything, but I hope that this ring is enough.
- 당신에게 모든 것을 줄 수 있으면 좋겠지만 이 반지로 충분하길 바랍니다.
- Dangsinege modeun geoseul jul su isseumyeon joketjiman i banjiro chungbunhagil baramnida.
9. Will you make me the happiest man alive?
- 나를 세상에서 가장 행복한 남자로 만들어 줄래요?
- Nareul sesangeseo gajang haengbokan namjaro mandeureo jullaeyo?
Personally, I want to use this line!
10. Will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?
- 당신이 내 아내가 되는 영광을 내게 주시겠습니까?
- Dangsini nae anaega doeneun yeonggwangeul naege jusigetsseumnikka?
11. I want to be with you forever.
- 영원히 당신과 함께하고 싶어요.
- Yeongwonhi dangsingwa hamkkehago sipeoyo.
12. You are the one I’ve been waiting for my whole life.
- 내가 지금껏 기다려 왔던 사람이 바로 당신입니다.
- Naega jigeumkkeot gidaryeo watdeon sarami baro dangsinimnida.
13. We are meant to be together.
- 우리는 운명이에요.
- Urineun unmyeongieyo.
And here you go.
These are just some 13 ways to ask will you marry me in Korean. There’s TONS more because Korean is a pretty creative language.
Which one is your favorite? Be sure to leave a comment.
– The Main Junkie
P.S. I highly recommend this for Korean learners. If you REALLY want to learn Korean with 1,000s of easy Audio/Video courses & lessons by Korean teachers – Sign up for free at KoreanClass101 (click here) and start learning!