JapanesePod101‘s one of my go-to sites for learning Japanese. I had Premium account with them because the lessons were worth the price to me. Update: I don’t use them anymore because I have other projects (that took the place of perfecting my Japanese – like this website) if you care to know. I still like the learning program.
I keep getting questions in my email about paying for their program.
Here are the questions I get…
- What happens if I pay JapanesePod101 money?
- Can I get that money back?
- Is there a JapanesePod101 refund policy?
So… at one point, I realized I wasn’t ready learn Japanese.
I realized that school and work would never let me learn successfully. But, I was VERY tempted to learn Japanese so I bought a subscription. Nothing to complain about when it came to them.
I just had NO time to ACTUALLY learn.
Between classes and work… and homework in the evening, then showering, eating and sleeping… I just couldn’t do it. Anyway, I realized my quick decision to learn Japanese was kind of a mistake… so I e-mailed them, asked for my money back.
Got my money back in 24 hours. Pretty cool.
And that’s what made me like them. Yes, they send a ton of emails (business is business I guess) which is annoying as all hell. However, their customer service is very responsive to these issues. And I do love the lessons.
The next time, 3 months later, when I was ready, I joined. I’m still learning with them.
So to answer your questions…
What happens when you pay? Well, you unlock their entire learning system like they advertise.
Is there a refund policy?
- There’s a 60 day money back policy if you check their emails.
- Yes, you can get a JapanesePod101 refund within 60 days.
- Try them out for 60 whole days.
- Email them and you should get a reply. Unless it’s a weekend. I waited 24 hours because I emailed on a Sunday.
- Or, don’t pay at all. This is the easiest thing to do.
- Or wait. I didn’t pay for 3 months. I waited until I had time actually learn again. Then I used their free lessons for another extra week. THEN I decided I wanted to learn with them.
Oh and if you want to get a refund or unsubscribe, there’s a nice 33% off discount coupon that you can use to come back. Click on the link below if you want a nice discount.
Coupon Code: RESUBSCRIBE
You will only find it in their unsubscribe email that I received.
So don’t worry too much about signing up with them. Yes, there’s a JapanesePod101 refund that you can get.
But to be honest…
- …You don’t have to pay to sign up and check the site out.
- There are lots of free weekly lessons that they send.
- There are plenty of other websites to learn with.
- There’s no one magical learning tool that will be your Japanese cure.
- It’s all about where YOU put your TIME & EFFORT.
You make the decision whether you want to pay or not.
So why do I write this? Well, it’s NOT OBVIOUS on their website. You have to dig through to find the FAQ section to get their contact details. I guess that’s why people send ME questions, ha. If this info is useful for you, then great.
I didn’t sign up until I felt I wanted to. That took me 3 months. Now, I support and learn with them which is why I mention them quite often. I also promote them so if you sign up from my link, I get a small $ commission.
Hope this helps!
– The Main Junkie
P.S. I highly recommend this for Japanese learners. If you REALLY want to learn to Japanese with effective lessons by real teachers – Sign up for free at JapanesePod101 (click here) and start learning!