Welcome back! Today, we’re covering Inspirational Japanese Language Quotes! And more specifically, quotes about languages and language learning. Why inspiration? Well, it’s always good to remind yourself why you’re learning Japanese – success requires a bit of daily reminders and inspiration.
So take this lesson…
- Read, review, and read out loud (lots of words to learn here)
- Print it out as physical review material (I like printing stuff & and keeping it in a notebook – really helpful)
- Save images for your personal use (as flashcards)
These are great to know in general. You’ll learn new words. If you know Japanese grammar, this should be easy for you – and if not – this is a GOLD mine for improve your Japanese. Remember, anything challenging WILL IMPROVE your Japanese by 100 times.
And if you REALLY want to learn to Japanese with effective audio & video lessons by real teachers – Sign up at JapanesePod101 (click here) and start learning! I recommend ’em.
Top 10 Inspirational Japanese Language Quotes
Note, these inspirational Japanese language quotes are not of Japanese origin but translated into native Japanese.
1. A new language is a new life.
- Atarashii gengo wa arata na jinsei no hajimari.
2. The limits of my language are the limits of my world.
- Jibun no gengo no genkai ga, jibun no sekai no genkai.
3. If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his own language, that goes to his heart.
- Aite no rikai dekiru gengo de hanaseba, sono hito no atama ni hairu. Aite no gengo de hanaseba, sono hito no kokoro ni todoku.
4. To have another language is to possess a second soul.
- Betsu no gengo o hanasu koto ga dekiru to iu koto wa, dai ni no tamashii o motte iru to iu koto.
This is one of the inspirational Japanese language quotes I agree with. I find myself being quite polite when speaking Japanese. Even if I haven’t mastered the different levels of politeness – it does affect my behavior.
5. You can never understand one language until you understand at least two.
- Sukunakutomo futatsu no gengo o rikai suru made, kesshite hitotsu no gengo mo rikai suru koto wa nai.
A different language is a different vision of life.
- Chigau gengo to iu no wa, chigau jinsei no bijon de aru.
6. A man who knows two languages is worth two men.
- Futatsu no gengo o shitte iru hito wa, futari bun no kachi ga aru.
8. You live a new life for every new language you speak. If you know only one language, you live only once.
- Hanasu subete no atarashii gengo ga, atarashii jinsei o umu. Hitotsu no gengo shika shiranakereba, jinsei wa hitotsu shika nai.
9. Knowledge of languages is the doorway to wisdom.
- Gengo o shiru koto wa, kenja e no michi.
10. The great remedy for ignorance … is knowledge of languages
- Muchi ni yoku kiku kusuri wa, gengo no chishiki.
And we’re done.
Let me know in the comments below – what are YOUR favorite inspirational japanese language quotes? I read all the comments so write away.
Why should you know this? Well, you don’t have to BUT If you want to sound like an intelligent speaker… it wouldn’t hurt. At the very least, I love these quotes because learn new words like “ignorance” and “limit” – words I use in English but have yet to learn in Japanese.
Let me know what you think.
Be sure to review this lessons!
– The Main Junkie
P.S. I highly recommend this for Japanese learners. If you REALLY want to learn to Japanese with effective lessons by real teachers – Sign up for free at JapanesePod101 (click here) and start learning!